Is there no other better thing than buying kit?
I need to buy:
- Poles, to practice using and help me on the hills
- Trail Shoes, the mudclaws are running out of miles 😦
- Road shoes, These are worn and also getting to the 500km mark.
- A battery pack thingy, to charge my phone, watch, satnav on the ultra as they don’t have charging in the middle of no where apparently.
- An 80L waterproof bag as my kit bag for the ultra
- And probably a ton of other things…
Oh and a commuter bike since my bike got stolen I’ve not replaced it but I know that I can’t run to work and back every day and I need an alternative!
So many things, and any advice is appreciated on the above list!
Starting to think about what I do have that I may need to replace.. my Salomon Ultra Skin Hydration pack – this has been quite trusty in previous ultras, though has signs of wear and tear. I’m also tempted to take my OMM 35l pack which fits a lot and is quite snug too.
Two pairs of shoes? I mean I didn’t think about it before, but do I need a spare pair?